Interesting Things to do in Davis and Nearby Communities
- The Mondavi Center for the Performing Arts at UC Davis is located near the UC Davis Conference Center. The Mondavi Center hosts performances with top notch guests from around the world.
- UC Davis Rec Hall and Rec Pool
- UC Davis Arboretum - a lovely landscaped area with trails and benches along a meandering creek
- UC Davis Art Museums
- Design Museum
- Bohart Museum of Entomology
Sacramento & Other Nearby Areas:
- Sacramento Zoo – With its 14.3 acres of land, the Sacramento Zoo is home to over 500 animals.
- Old Town Sacramento – Explore old Sacramento, with attractions such as the California State Railroad Museum, California State Military Museum, and the Sacramento History Museum.
- Sutter's Fort - Destination of many wagon trains during the California Gold Rush.
- California State Capital Museum – The building serves as both a museum and the state’s working seat of government
- California Museum - Exhibits include the California Hall of Fame, California Indians, California's Remarkable Women, and more.
- Heidrick Ag History Center Agricultural Museum - includes rare examples of tractors, harvesters, trucks, autos, horse-drawn implements and other artifacts that tell the agricultural story of California.